October 15th, International White cane day celebrates the achievements of the visually impaired. Brahmakumaris also got an opportunity to participate in an event organized on this day at Hiltex, Hyederabad. The activities of the day were divided into two halves. In the morning half, the following were conducted.
1. Marathon – was organised joined by 2000 blind and visually impaired people in which normal people were blindfolded to participate in the walk
2. Inspirational Speech – by Aleksy Talai concluded the marathon
3. Special stall for the Disabled – Brahma Kumaris organisation organised a stall exclusively for the blind, Deaf & Dumb people to make
them understand the spiritual secrets and truths.
And the evening half was specially for the Divyaangs, the physically challenged people. Activities included the following.
1. Bathukamma – 500 people gathered to play Bathukamma. Many international players, advocates etc who excelled in their lives despite of
their disability also participated in the programme.
2. Sister Janki – from Indonesia coordinated the programme and Srilatha gave Godly message to all.